Re: mysqli extension installation

mihai.chira@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

hello. can someone please tell me how to install the mysqli extension for windows? I use mysql 4.1, php 4.3.1 and apache 1.3.23. I just upgraded from mysql 3.x to 4.1 and now that I have to use the mysqli functions I get the error: "Cannot instantiate non-existent class: mysqli" thank you a lot.

go into your php.ini, and uncomment the line that says ;extension=php_mysqli.dll

when i tried, it wasn't even there and php_mysqli.dll hadn't even been included with the installation. also, you can still use the normal mysql functions if you want.