mail()

Using php/apache/mysql

I am testing an mail script.

The script has a .html form which receives the text input and then a .php
script to execute the variables in a mail() function.

When I publish both files - the .html and .php - to my ISP's server and
enter the data and hit submit  I receive an e-mail.

In my php.ini file I have configured the SMTP to the name of the ISP's email
server.

However, when testing the same script out locally on Apache Server: I get
the form box, enter the data but I do not receive an email.

I only use one ISP.  Is it possble they have two name servers and that is
why I am not receiving an e-mail when testing on Apache Server?

Thank you for any help.
Best...
Tony Ritter