Re: mail()

Hello,

On 01/07/2004 04:11 AM, Anthony Ritter wrote:
Using php/apache/mysql

I am testing an mail script.

The script has a .html form which receives the text input and then a .php
script to execute the variables in a mail() function.

When I publish both files - the .html and .php - to my ISP's server and
enter the data and hit submit  I receive an e-mail.

In my php.ini file I have configured the SMTP to the name of the ISP's email
server.

However, when testing the same script out locally on Apache Server: I get
the form box, enter the data but I do not receive an email.

I only use one ISP.  Is it possble they have two name servers and that is
why I am not receiving an e-mail when testing on Apache Server?

Maybe your message is rejected because you are not allowed to access the ISP SMTP server from your Apache server, unless you authenticate to be authorized to relay the messages. Usually PHP throws some error messages in this case.

If that is the problem, you need to pass your ISP account user name and password to the SMTP server. However, PHP does not support SMTP authentication. In that case, you may want to try these classes that let you send messages to an SMTP server passing authentication credentials:

http://www.phpclasses.org/mimemessage

http://www.phpclasses.org/smtpclass

--

Regards,
Manuel Lemos

Free ready to use OOP components written in PHP
http://www.phpclasses.org/