Re: WordPerfect12

On 04/01/2014 03:56 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
On Mon, 2014-03-31 at 19:09 -0400, Doug wrote:
It looks like I can now save files to the Linux directory also.

You should use your Linux File Manager to poke around under the hood a
little to see where the "Windows drives", that Wine makes available to
the programs you run, are mapped to. In particular, if you're using the
default wine prefix, WINE_PREFIX=.wine, then C: points to
the .wine/drive_c directory on your login directory ($HOME) and the Z:
drive points to '/', the root of the Linux filing system. IOW, if your
home directory is called 'myhome', then if you save a WP file to
Z:\home\myhome and then exit from WP, you'll find the file on your login
directory.

Spending five minutes looking at this sort of stuff is time well spent.
Its always worth knowing how a program like Wine does things and how
this affects the Windows apps it runs because what you know about this
will apply to any other program you run with Wine.
Thanx, Martin. I do plan to do some poking around. One thing
I found is disabling that "enhanced file dialogs" must have also
disabled the hot key, ctrl-w, or else it wasn't implemented in this
version of WP. (ctrl-W should bring up the set of tables of
special characters. It is available from a drop-down menu,
but ctrl-w was handy, and I'm not a person who likes hot-keys.)

--doug