Re: WordPerfect12

On 03/31/2014 06:20 PM, jordan wrote:
Hi doug / John.

I would recommend that the very first thing you should do (with
essentially any problematic app in Wine) is first consult WineHQ's
appDB and see if there are any workarounds to your problem /how well
it is supported (which AFAICT there does appear to be, in the case of
your crashing on saving).

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=3522&iTestingId=5283

Apparently the 'enhanced dialogs' used in WordPerfect12 cause it to
crash under wine, you must disable them to properly load/save
documents. [just scroll down the page abit for instructions on how to
disable them].

if it still doesn't work, then John is quite correct, you should run
your app from a shell, see if you can spot the problem or gather that
information for someone who better understands the output. [then take
that info to the forum for help].

cheerz

jordan

thanx, Jordan. Unchecking the enhanced dialogs seems to have solved the immediate problem.
It looks like I can now save files to the Linux directory also.
I'm not sure how you got to the answer page--when I entered WordPerfect 12, I was told there were 189 entries! Do you know if I can save in Word 1997~2003 format without at the same time making the program look and feel like MS Word? I got sort of strange results when I tried that. Maybe have to play with it some more.

--doug