WordPerfect12

I was informed that WP12 works in Linux, and I have obtained the disk and installed it without difficulty. I need some help on saving a file that I write in WP. As soon as I try to save it in a Linux directory, it crashes, and of course, I don't have C:\Windows directories. I would like to correspond with anyone who has installed this program and is using it. (I have used WP in Windows for years--since WP 5.1--and I really would like to use it in Linux.) I will need to open files that have been saved in a Linux directory and also save in a Linux directory. One happy experience: I can print from it.
All assistance greatly appreciated.

--doug