Re: VDR locking up

Any ideas how to get this fixed? This is really getting on my nerves now.

I now detach softhddevice always when I stop watching. It does not
freeze then. But sometimes it freezes right after I attach it! Just a
few seconds of working video and BANG frozen. Really annoying!

Another thing which might be related. On my earlier setup, if I paused
playback, softhddevice would mute the sound. On this setup, audio is
not muted, it is looping the last buffer until playback continues.
That also is an annoying feature. :)

I'm pretty sure I have exact same versions of all VDR software and
plugins, only things changed are the Linux kernel, TBS media drivers,
and possibly the nvidia vdpau drivers.. Everything worked just fine
earlier!

>> It still does lock up.
>>
>> I think it is really softhddevice problem, as the lockup only happens
>> if actually viewing the channel.. My VDR box is always on, and usually
>> I just turn off the projector and leave VDR running. Perhaps I need to
>> change my habits and actually suspend softhddevice when not really
>> watching it.
>
> Ideally you should be able to run VDR 24/7 without issue. That's what
> I do and have no intention of changing the habit. Unfortunately
> softhddevice is no longer actively developed by its' author but there
> are still some coders in the VDR community who have helped keep it
> updated. It's possible they may be able to help fix this bug if enough
> information can be provided. In my cause the frozen/defunct VDR seems
> to occur if I lose signal for some unknown length of time, and doesn't
> seem related to audio. Fortunately it's the only problem I have and it
> doesn't happen daily. It would however be great if it were fixed -
> hopefully we'll get to that point.

Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/