Re: VDR locking up

I know I'm replying to a year old thread, but I'm having the exact same problem.

I upgraded my system from kernel 3.16.0 to 4.4.0, and also TBS dvb
drivers to latest version.. Now I have this problem, that randomly VDR
starts flooding this "ERROR: TS packet not accepted in Transfer Mode"
log. It will not jam right away, but after maybe 30-60min it is
jammed.

Some VDR functions like timers seem to still work, but the GUI is stuck.

This is VDR 2.2.0 from yavdr repos.

Any ideas?

Even though this might be a driver bug, perhaps vdr of softhddevice
could simply stop displaying the channel after the first error?

> Hi and thanks for your reply. Currently the kernel is 4.8.4 stable,
> gp8psk kernel driver, vdr-2.2.0. However, this problem has been going
> on for quite a while - I'm just now getting around to asking about it.
> The drivers I use haven't been changed in years so I'm not sure that's
> where the root cause is. It's interesting that you've experienced it
> as well with a completely different card/drivers. I wonder if
> downgrading your drivers really had any affect of it the conditions
> which cause the problem to surface just haven't happened yet.
> Hopefully others will chime in as well and we can get to the bottom of
> it. It may be an infrequent problem but it has a nasty result!
>
> -Derek

Teemu Suikki
http://www.z-power.fi/