Trouble with DVB-T2 on frontend 1

Hi all,

I recently got a USB adapter "Astrometa DVB-T2" that I would like to use with VDR. It comprises two frontends:

/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0: Realtek RTL2832 (DVB-T)
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1: Panasonic MN88473 (DVB-T2 and DVB-C)

I guess it is similar to this one; just a slightly different plastic case with some more ventilation holes:
http://blog.palosaari.fi/2014/09/naked-hardware-18-astrometa-amdvb-t2-v2.html

The hardware appears to work fine, once I copied the /lib/firmware/dvb-demod-mn88473-01.fw from somewhere. The firmware upload has failed at least once on the Raspberry Pi 2 (using Linux 4.9.59), but never on another machine that runs a 4.13.0 kernel.

I did not yet get the infrared remote control to produce anything in evtest.

With dvbv5-zap (after running dvbv5-scan), I can tune into DVB-T2 channels like this:

dvbv5-zap -a 0 -f 1 -c dvb_channel.conf 'Yle TV1 HD' -r

After this, I can play the video and audio stream on the Raspberry Pi 2:

omxplayer /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0

Unless I explicitly specify the options -a 0 -f 1, then dvbv5-zap will fail to find any DVB-T2 senders, because it apparently defaults to frontend0, which is DVB-T only.

In VDR 2.3.8, I have only been able to view DVB-T from the first frontend.

When I did a trick and renamed /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend1 to frontend0 before starting VDR, VDR no longer complained that the DVB-T2 channels (which I converted from the dvb_channel.conf to channels.conf with dvb-format-convert) not being available, but it did not seem to receive anything from these channels either.

Also, after using dvbv5-scan or dvbv5-zap, I sometimes have to invoke w_scan to "reset" the hardware so that VDR can receive DVB-T channels.

I would like to receive and record DVB-T and DVB-T2 on this setup. I am willing to try patches or do some programming myself, but I would appreciate some hints to get started.

	Marko