Re: Call for translations for VDR version 2.0.0

Marc <vdr@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 12/02/2013 02:24, syrius.ml@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Bernard Jaulin <bernard.jaulin@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>

>> Bonjour,
>>
>>> We are working on that now ! We send you a new one .po asap.
>>> Dear french fellow countryman please take a look here :
>>> http://dvbkivabien2.info/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=14987
>>> and here :
>>> http://lite.framapad.org/p/ClyUvioD5s
>> Thanks Bernard !
>> I've just proposed some changes on the pad as well as comments on some
>> weird translations.
>>
>> one of the worst one is definitely "epg scan timeout", it shouldn't
>> translate to "epg scan length/duration" in french ! :-)
> Hi Syrius,
>
> Sorry if I don't have a perfect French. By "Temps de mise à jour du

Why the rush in willing to translate the po on your own then ?
and why the hell are you using this "sorry it's not my fault i'm not
perfect" kind of excuse ?
this bit is just the worst translation ever, deal with it ! (not
smiling anymore)

> guide (h)", I mean the time before the epg is updated. I agree, a more
> correct version would be "Temps *avant* mise à jour du guide (h)"

at least.

> witch is IMHO what this parameter is intended for. The user inactivity
> part is not mentioned in the original message, I don't see why it
> should be in the translation. For a standard user "Inactivité avant

just carry on using google translate then, who cares about the meaning
of it anyway ! (sarcasm)

> rech. EPG (h)" mean nothing IMHO. At least, the translation should
> mention that this is the *user* inactivity but even with that, I'm
> not
> sure a standard user would understand what this parameter is about.

Agreed, users shouldn't have to fallback to english to make sense of
it !

Klaus, ever thought of adding help/descriptions for every menu entries
and a generic button/key (à la F1) to trigger the help OSD ?
It's definitely difficult to provide short translations of short
english technical keywords and sentences.

does that make any sense ? ;-)