[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.10 plugin

On 12/19/06, mike lewis <lachlanlewis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 12/19/06, Darren Salt <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I demand that mike lewis may or may not have written...

> > > OK.  newbie time..  When I try to apt-get update I get the following error:
> > > ---
> > > W: GPG error: http://zap.tartarus.org testing Release: The following
> > > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> > > available: NO_PUBKEY B012AD8CF19F599F
> > > W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
> > > ---
> >
> > Download the key for it (the "(linux)" link at the bottom of the page, or
> > the link which I've just added nearer the top). Once you have it:
> >   # apt-key add pubkey.gpg
> >
> Err, I swear I looked.  I said to myself, now whats logical?  That the
> key is hidden somewhere??  No.  It has to be on these pages..  So I
> looked.  Obviously you have just updated the template for those pages
> now that I highlighted the pgp stuff was missing. right?  Right?
> hehe.
>
> > > And, when I issues apt-cache  showpkg vdr;
> >
> > > It tells me about both versions available to me (of which, yours is not the
> > > preffered source!)  How can I select your source, or how can I make your
> > > source trusted?
> >
> >   $ man apt_preferences
> >
> > Edit /etc/apt/preferences. You probably want something like:
> >
> >   Package: *
> >   Pin: release o=www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
> >   Pin-Priority: 550
> >
> Again, thanks for the tip.  Can't wait to have working vdr and not
> have to compile it myself (I am in the process of switchingfrom
> Gentoo.  Which I like, but my PC is just not fast enough for, and I
> could never get X working un it.

OK.  I tried to install xine last night.  I have some rather complex
dependancy problems.  I'm using all ubunuto apt-get servers and then
your apt-get server.  Basically, the packages on your site depend on
versions of software that ubuntu doesn't see to supply.  I'm not there
now, but so far, all the software seems to be listed; the errors says
thinks like:

depends on package_version-1.2.3 but only package_version-1.2.2 is available
E: Dependancy break or error.

Soo. Yes.  I'm guessing there are some other "bleeding edge" software
repositories that I need to enable as well??