[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.10 plugin

On 12/19/06, Darren Salt <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I demand that mike lewis may or may not have written...

> >> I'll let you know how it goes..
>
> > OK.  newbie time..  When I try to apt-get update I get the following error:
> > ---
> > W: GPG error: http://zap.tartarus.org testing Release: The following
> > signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> > available: NO_PUBKEY B012AD8CF19F599F
> > W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
> > ---
>
> Download the key for it (the "(linux)" link at the bottom of the page, or
> the link which I've just added nearer the top). Once you have it:
>   # apt-key add pubkey.gpg

Err, I swear I looked.  I said to myself, now whats logical?  That the
key is hidden somewhere??  No.  It has to be on these pages..  So I
looked.  Obviously you have just updated the template for those pages
now that I highlighted the pgp stuff was missing. right?  Right?
hehe.

> > And, when I issues apt-cache  showpkg vdr;
>
> > It tells me about both versions available to me (of which, yours is not the
> > preffered source!)  How can I select your source, or how can I make your
> > source trusted?
>
>   $ man apt_preferences
>
> Edit /etc/apt/preferences. You probably want something like:
>
>   Package: *
>   Pin: release o=www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
>   Pin-Priority: 550

Again, thanks for the tip.  Can't wait to have working vdr and not
have to compile it myself (I am in the process of switchingfrom
Gentoo.  Which I like, but my PC is just not fast enough for, and I
could never get X working un it.

Mick