[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.10 plugin

I demand that Tony Houghton may or may not have written...

> In <4E943BC299%linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Darren Salt wrote:
>> I demand that Tony Houghton may or may not have written...
>>> Is there any chance you could enable the DirectFB output in your libxine
>>> package?
>> It's too late for 1.1.3-2, but I've enabled it ready for whenever I next
>> decide to do a package update.

> Thanks. I'll look out for that and try to do a big kernel- and dist-upgrade
> as and when. It's about time.

dist-upgrade? Are you sure?

> Speaking of kernel upgrades I'm still using a 2.6.17 kernel on that box
> because when I tried to upgrade to 2.6.18 my remote stopped working even
> though the patch still seeemed to apply OK. I think you're using the
> same remote as me (Hauppauge "grey") but with a more advanced patch that
> allows a keymap to be loaded,

I _was_. My budget-ci patches have been modified somewhat since then [1] and
are currently in the v4l-dvb repository; they should be in 2.6.20-rc1 (I
think that they're already in 2.6.19-git*).

> whereas I found a simpler patch which just hardwires a different set of
> keycodes. Have you used 2.6.18 or later OK?

Not entirely - 2.6.18 didn't seem too good generally here, but 2.6.19 seems
fine (apart from, perhaps, a small problem which is manifest via apt
updates). Anyway, this is with different hardware, and I have a couple of
cx88 patches which need to be updated...

[1] http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-October/013302.html

| + Generate power using sun, wind, water, nuclear.      FORGET COAL AND OIL.

Knowledge is power.