EPIA M with FF Card

Nicolas Huillard schrieb:
> but the summary would be like :
> * use standard kernel
> * add the viafb frame-buffer driver from http://patcher2k.012webpages.com/
> * compile viafb as a module, but no vesafb or cle266vgaio (IIRC)
> * /etc/directfbrc and /etc/fb.modes have to be cleaned up
> * get DirectFB, DFB++, FFmpeg, et al. from CVS (older version might work)
> * compile softdevice and enjoy !
> Little problems I still have are related to /etc/directfbrc.

Help!

I'm trying to get softdevice up and running on my EPIA-M6000, but I fail
in a very early stage :-(

I'm using a vanilla kernel 2.6.11 and applied the viafb patch from
patcher2k. I also compiled DirectFB from CVS.

When I boot, I get normal VGA textmode on the console. As soon as I load
the viafb module, I get garbage on the screen. I tried a lot of
different module parameters, no difference.

Some of the dfb commands are working, but I see no result on the screen.

If I try to change the resolution with either fbset or dfbswitch, either
nothing happens, or (even worse) my TV (connected via VGA input) looses
the signal. A reboot is the only way I found so far to get a signal back.

I tried to compile the viafb driver from viaarena, but this driver does
not compile with my 2.6.11 kerenl (lots of warnings, and errors about
"structure has no member 'cursor').

Looks like I'm far away from using softdevice, but I want to display the
test pictures from Nicolas!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA, Michael

--