Re: Can I use a separate NNTPSERVER for a single group?

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 02:47:08PM -0700, Matt Ackeret wrote:
> I (think I) understand what you're saying, just not how to do it..

In the previous example you could just change the second group from
[Group 10] to [Group 9] (i.e. make the group numbers the same) and thus
both newsrc sections would be put into the same list of newsgroups.

The way the access file is laid out is that you define what servers
exist (and the options for accessing that server, if any), and then you
define one or more newsrc files that refer to groups on a specific
server (you can have more than one that refers to the same server).
Finally, the group numbers determine how these sets of newsgroups get
presented to the user.  Separate numbers make them appear separately,
while using the same group number makes them appear together.

> Is this the ^N, ^P that I see in the help menu for the selector?

No, that's how you switch between the newsrc groups without having the
newsrc selector turned on.  It's a viable option if you have a small
number of newsrc groups.

..wayne..