Re: Spam

In article <20020524000721.GH29187@arborlon.riva.ucam.org>,
Colin Watson  <cjwatson@flatline.org.uk> wrote:
>For people suffering from spam, I highly recommend spamassassin. It has
>reduced the amount of spam I get by a factor of, um, lots, and I believe
>it's caught every single spam to the trn lists since I started using it
>a couple of months ago.

The problem with most spam killers like this is they work on the user end.
That means that users still have to pay to download the message, even if
they never read it.  While you or I may not care much about the "having to
pay" aspect, there are many users out there that do.  Preventing the spam
from getting to them is somewhat important.

If something like spamassassin could be plugged into the list, however.....

mrc

--
     Mike Castle      dalgoda@ix.netcom.com      www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/