Re: TDE R14.1.2 released, new target started… [OT]

On 2024-05-06 20:37:20 Felix Miata via tde-users wrote:
> Private, due to image attachment that doesn't need to be archived.
>
> J Leslie Turriff composed on 2024-05-06 19:56 (UTC-0500):
>  > 	After creating the Mastodon account I looked at tde@floss.social for a
>  > few
> >
> > days but there wasn't any activity to speak of, and then I pretty much
> > forgot about it until recently when some posts on the list made it
> > apparent that a lot of stuff that I would have expected to appear in the
> > Announcements list were happening on Mastodon, and I was missing a lot of
> > traffic.
>
> Are you familiar with IRC? It's been around for decades.
> ircs://libera.chat/trinity-desktop
> I avoid all the new-fangled stuff. Email lists, IRC, and forums that work
> with the web browser of MY choice are enough.

	I have used it in the past, and could again, if the information I want/need
appears there.  The original post by Slávek implies that the stuff that I
would expect to appear in the Announcement list now appears in Mastodon.
There are now so many channels being posted to, it is extremely difficult to
understand where to get information:  mailing lists?  There are at least
three; irc? Mastodon? TDE wiki? Bugzilla? Gitea? –aaaagh!

Leslie
--
Platform: Linux
Desktop Environment: Trinity