Re: TDE R14.1.2 released, new target started… [OT]

On 2024-05-06 19:33:00 William Morder via tde-users wrote:
> On Monday 06 May 2024 17:15:57 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:
> > 	Okay.  I can't see that page anymore because it gets redirected to
> > my "suspension notice" page.  I'll try explaining why the account was
> > inactive and hope that they'll recind the suspension.
> >
> > Leslie
>
> I don't actually use Mastodon, just like I never used Twitter before it,
> don't use X, etc. However, do they require real names, full names, etc.?
	I have to confess, I don't remember Mastodon's name requirements, but I think
that that misguided requirement is peculiar to Meta.  I only created the
tde@floss.social account because the admins were adding it and it
doesn't "lock you in" the way Facebook does.

> Is it possible just to go to a different place and create a new account
> with a new identity?
	I don't know that either, but the suspension notice does say "...we will
retain some basic data to prevent you from evading the suspension," which
suggests that the answer is no.

> If not, then I will probably never use any disservice like them.
	It does look pretty bad, but Michelle has given me an email contact point, so
I will try to get it resolved.

> Bill

	After creating the Mastodon account I looked at tde@floss.social for a few
days but there wasn't any activity to speak of, and then I pretty much forgot
about it until recently when some posts on the list made it apparent that a
lot of stuff that I would have expected to appear in the Announcements list
were happening on Mastodon, and I was missing a lot of traffic.  That's how I
found out that my account is suspended (presumably for lack of activity, but
that's just a guess).
	Like Facebook, once one has been suspended, there is no way to find
support/contact information.

Leslie
--
Platform: Linux