Re: TDE R14.1.2 released, new target started… [OT]

On Monday 06 May 2024 18:23:15 J Leslie Turriff via tde-users wrote:

> 	I have to agree with you, but in this case the problem seems to be with
> just one Mastodon server, floss.social.  I found this while looking for
> ways to contact their admin:
>
> https://discuss.kde.org/t/parts-of-community-cut-off-from-floss-social/9548
>
> 	Now if this is an issue peculiar to floss.social and not Mastodon itself,
> that's not a good reason for abandoning Mastodon, but it would be a very
> good reason to migrate @tde.floss.social to some other Mastodon server.
>
> Leslie

A little research has discovered that it is run somewhat like jabber/xmpp, and
no doubt was based on that general idea.

In any case, the servers are run by individual admins, so maybe it's possible
to access the TDE feed from another server. Otherwise, I have to agree, it
doesn't sound like that server, @tde.floss.social, is really serving us.

Bill