Re: notify

Marvin Jones via tde-users wrote:

> This notify facility is something that I had _NO_ involvement with in
> getting set up.  This has got to be something native in the OS -- and
> not a TDE "thing".  Yet it's seems to be "standard" enough that TDE can
> effect the display of those new mail messages.

I forgot to mention that there is a dbus notifications daemon in TDE (and
this is how I learned all about this). This daemon can be used to display
notifications, but I have not seen any usage of it (except in such cases
like yours, where you send message from command line or so). I found out
that each application handles the messages itself (it is addressed on
dbus).
It could be I am wrong and if someone knows better, please, let us know.