Re: notify

Michael via tde-users wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 March 2023 04:35:11 pm Marvin Jones via tde-users wrote:
>> The recent notify issue discussion prompts me to ask:
>>
>> Is there a notify HOWTO anywhere for me to learn about
>> how to implement notify?
>>
>> I have a few long-running, in the background bash scripts
>> where notify would be a nice touch to implement.
>
> Hi Jonesy,
>
> There's probably a few dozen ways to do a notification.  You saw Darrell’s
> in
> the prior thread.  This is how I’ve done it from cron for a long time.  I
> won’t say it’s pretty, it’s just the first thing I got working ;)

dcop knotify reports following for Notify object

$ dcop knotify Notify
QCStringList interfaces()
QCStringList functions()
void notify(TQString event,TQString fromApp,TQString text,TQString
sound,TQString file,int present,int level)
void notify(TQString event,TQString fromApp,TQString text,TQString
sound,TQString file,int present,int level,int winId)
void notify(TQString event,TQString fromApp,TQString text,TQString
sound,TQString file,int present,int level,int winId,int eventId)
void reconfigure()
void setVolume(int volume)
void sessionReady()

Try this (it calls the function notify with 7 args)

$ dcop knotify Notify notify "Test" "" "Test" "" "" 2 1

it will produce a notification message "Test" in a dialog, that does not
close
(the desktop session is required of course)