Re: tdesu konqueror

On 3/3/23 1:36 AM, Thierry de Coulon via tde-users wrote:
Here is mine. In /opt/trinity/share/applications/tde it of course belongs to
root.

Thank you.

Your desktop file is similar to what I have been testing. Konq opens with the root account, but Konq does not correctly inherit environment variables.

When launched this way there seems to be something hard-coded to $HOME/.trinity. I have $TDEHOME configured to $HOME/.tde rather than $HOME/.trinity and $TDEROOTHOME configured to /root/.tde rather than /root/.trinity. These variables are exported globally on login through /etc/profile.d. Yet launching Konq as root results in these environment variables being ignored and $HOME/.trinity is created.

All of the Settings dialogs in Konq are empty/blank.

I have tried tdesu. I have tried passing environment variables as well.

I have tested part of this by reverting $TDEHOME and $TDEROOTHOME to the default hard-coded location of $HOME/.trinity, but that approach seems odd (and wrong). The change in those variables are still not inherited because something is hard-coded to only look for $HOME/.trinity. Those environment variables are ignored.

I have Super User *.desktop files for Konsole and Kate. They suffer the same problem. For example, launching Konsole as root functions okay, but the $PATH variable does not include $TDEDIR/bin. The same can be seen when opening a terminal window in Kate.

I would like to know what I am doing wrong. :)