Re: MX Package Installer / Install TDE on any Debian based system

On Monday 13 March 2023 20:07:55 dep via tde-users wrote:
> said William Morder via tde-users:
> | Also, does this mean that I can skip that annoying middle part where I
> | must use another desktop besides TDE (e.g., XFCE or MATE or KDE) in
> | order to get TDE packages installed. It would be nice never to have
> | anything but my Devuan GNU/Linux free/libre OS installed, with TDE on
> | top of that, and never to pollute my system with that other crap.
>
> Can't you do that pretty much with mc? I'd suppose it weould be pretty
> easy -- assuming all the Debians and Debian dilutions use apt -- to add
> the TDE repositories by using the mc editor -- F4 -- to place them, then
> do update / apt install tde. no?
> --
> dep

Maybe that's what I have been missing. I am about to reinstall my system to
get rid of a minor nuisances, so it would be a good time to try it.

The main thing is, I have my own sources.list which replaces the default
Debian/Devuan sources.list, and my list includes TDE repositories. So if
there is a way to get my own sources.list recognized during the process, that
would save me at least an hour of time when doing a system reinstallation.

Not sure if we are talking about quite the same thing, so just to be clear: I
am installing Devuan using an image on a flash drive. If there is a way to
get my sources.list recognized during installation (or better yet, to write
my own sources.list over the default, so that the TDE repositories are
available during installation of a new system), for myself that would be like
discovering fire or inventing stone tools.

Bill