Re: MX Package Installer / Install TDE on any Debian based system

On Monday 13 March 2023 18:34:26 Michael via tde-users wrote:

> Note:  After modifying the location where the TDE sources.list is to fit
> your distribution, the ‘tde.pm’ file included will install TDE on any
> Debian based system.
>
> Best All,
> Michael

Sounds good, but it's not clear to me where to put these scripts so that they
will be read. I would guess that you mean on my machine, or on a removable
device that can be read during installation?

Also, does this mean that I can skip that annoying middle part where I must
use another desktop besides TDE (e.g., XFCE or MATE or KDE) in order to get
TDE packages installed. It would be nice never to have anything but my Devuan
GNU/Linux free/libre OS installed, with TDE on top of that, and never to
pollute my system with that other crap.

Felix has a method for installing by command-line (which he has kindly
explained for us in some long-ago post), and I would give that a try, if only
I could have a little more living space, and thus also more machines, so that
I don't get temporarily cut off if I mess up. With only one machine here, I
hesitate to try something like that, as it almost always means that I get
stranded without a working computer for a few days, because I almost always
make some mistake. (This has happened before....)

A script to install TDE on any Debian-based system would indeed be a welcome
tool. Most of the other stuff I either don't need, or could never imagine
using (such as the Uighur language packs for LibreOffice, or the Basque
version of Firefox), but I suppose they are useful to somebody.

Bill