Re: Well, you've sold me, but . . .

said Marvin Jones via tde-users:

| Oh, I am a contrarian!!  Never went beyond Win 3.1.  Went to OS/2 2.0
| from there and gave it up with OS/2 Warp 4 when IBM gave it up.
| A fresh (re)start with Red Hat Linux 6.2 in 2000 launched me into my
| current state of affairs.

Started with OS/2 in the pre-2.0 days via their support forum on (of all
things) Prodigy. In due course we got kicked off of Prodigy (which soon
collapsed, though maybe there was no connection) and we did GEnie, Delphi,
and finally a mailing list that kept going until a year or two ago. Still
in touch with some of those folks.

And still cranky that James P. Lennane, the publisher of the DeScribe Word
Processor, never turned loose the code for a Linux version. (I've run the
Windows version in a virtual machine; WINE, last time I tried it, was
about as useful as Windows, running Solitaire perfectly but nothing else.)
Lennane was a little nuts -- he actually ran for president in, I think,
1996. I do not believe he won.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album