Re: Well, you've sold me, but . . .

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023, dep via tde-users wrote:

>I have one question (well, many, but this one just surprised me): of
>the many ISOs in the TDE repository, there isn't a Debian one. Is there
>some reason for this or simply nobody to make one?

This!!
I've have been dragging along my OLD, highly adapted for me, version
of Ubuntu -- now on ESM 'life support' -- for quite some time now.

I seem to always have frustratingly bad experiences in updating my
systems -- ergo the ESM state of affairs.  I would LOVE to see a
Debian+TDE ISO.  It would definitely get me moving along.

Over time I've lost my infatuation with Ubuntu for to several reasons.
Many of those reasons have been mentioned here (, but no one has yet
brought up the apt/snap/flatpack chaos...)

>Like any good former OS/2 user, ...

Another former OS/2 user here, too.
Jonesy
--
  Marvin L Jones     | Marvin     | W3DHJ  | linux
   Pueblo, Colorado  |  @         | Jonesy |  FreeBSD __