Re: Well, you've sold me, but . . .

said William Morder via tde-users:

| You might consider giving antiX (especially) a try. There is another
| person on this list who is a big fan of MX Linux and its relative antiX.
| I tried them both, a little, and prefer antiX of the two, mainly because
| there is (or was) a TDE version out there. (Don't know if it's current,
| but there used to be one somewhere.) Anyway, that might solve your
| immediate problem quicker than trying to learn Debian/Devuan from
| scratch. Everything is already packaged together.

Thanks but nah, the argument for Debian is and always has been that Debian
*is* Linux. I've seen lots of distros come and go, always a flavor of he
month. Debian has been around for 30 years. I'll surely have to confound
some of its decisions; that's why God in His wisdom deputized Miguel to
make mc. (I've spent much of the afternoon confounding Canonical things on
this machine, which has been fun; it would have been more fun if there
were a way to redeploy their spyware to send them false information, even
as I wish there were phone apps to flood Apple and Google and their
minions with phony data, such as moving me 500 miles every 30 seconds or
so.) I expect it to take, probably, a couple of very miserable weeks, but
then it will be done. Making things worse is the alredy very unhappy fact
that my Debian guru, who advised me about Linux since before I ever
installed Linux, got the bug last spring and lasted three days. You can't
imagine how many times I've reached for the phone and then said, "oh,
yeah . . ." (He was the test kitchen for the Que book I wrote about
KDE-1.x)

Nope. Gotta be Debian. Gotta land a taildragger sometime.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album
Column: https://ofb.biz/author/dep/