MX Package Installer / Install TDE on any Debian based system

On Monday 13 March 2023 05:21:01 pm dep via tde-users wrote:

> Nope. Gotta be Debian. Gotta land a taildragger sometime.

Hi dep,

Go you!  I use MX/antiX solely because of the ease of use.

Specifically for their “Package Installer.”  It makes installing most anything
a one click operation.  Saving hours of research to correctly install
something like a full LAMP stack or Virtuabox makes me happy.  But at the end
of the day it’s just a bunch of scripts, that are portable to any Debian
based system.

I’m not sure if you’ll want or need them, but I’m attaching the tar archive of
the MX set of scripts for any that might find them useful.  While most of
them are easy enough to figure out, some (like the ***vpn’s) are fairly
complex, but reading several to get the context should be good enough for
most on this list to be able to deconstruct them into commands to run as
root.

Note:  After modifying the location where the TDE sources.list is to fit your
distribution, the ‘tde.pm’ file included will install TDE on any Debian based
system.

Best All,
Michael