Re: how to use Kmail with the new Google monster?

On Wednesday 25 May 2022 08:54:50 Curt Howland wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 May 2022, William Morder via tde-users was heard to
>
> say:
> > By chance, do you mean doing *this*?
> > https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/1672544-using-gmail
> >-after-may-30-2022
>
> Yep, that's it. I was hit with the requirement months ago, I don't
> remember exactly when.
>
> Curt-

I think maybe I just figured out why I can't login to my Gmail through
webpages, nor get into my account settings.

It was something else that came up months ago, a completely different issue.
My ISP also just happens to run some Tor servers; I believe that they
actually do it for purposes of surveillance, not merely to enable their users
to access onion sites, nor to assist them in downloading torrents or to watch
porn. When other sites see my IP address, it probably looks like it is coming
from Tor, even though that's just their addresses. (I already did some
research about this other issue, way back when.)

Now, unless I can use Tor to cloak my IP address and make it look like I'm not
using Tor, I probably can't get into my Google account. Apparently I will be
forced to go elsewhere, the library or whatever, to use their Internet and
change my settings.

Is there anybody else out there who is beginning to imagine that the whole
world has gone mad? or, at least, the people who actually run things, and
make policy decisions?

Bill