Re: how to use Kmail with the new Google monster?

On Wednesday 25 May 2022 08:34:58 Curt Howland wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 May 2022, William Morder via tde-users was heard to
>
> say:
> > Is there any way to configure Kmail to work with Gmail (i.e., using
> > 2FA or OAuth2, etc.) without having to get into Gmail itself?
> > because, you see, I can't even login on a Gmail page, much less get
> > into my account. And yet, until at least the end of this month, I
> > can still receive Gmail.
>
> It's deep and hard to find, but Gmail does have a "unique application
> password", generated by Gmail, which when pasted into Kmail works as
> a POP3 password for authentication.
>
> I have Kmail pulling POP3 from port 995 using that function and it's
> working fine. Sending from Kmail is by SMTP through my ISP.

Yup same as my own settings, except that I almost never send from my Gmail
account.

> Curt-

By chance, do you mean doing *this*?
https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/1672544-using-gmail-after-may-30-2022

Out of all my searches, this seemed most likely to address the current issue.
If this is what you mean, and I see that others confirm that it works, then I
just need to find my way into that dark place where Google keeps it hidden
from us, the ordinary exploited users and the true source of their income.

Bill