Re: non-starting browsers - more info

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 11:58:37AM -0800, William Morder via tde-users wrote:

> It's not that I wouldn't like to learn Gentoo and other distros, but I am
> getting old, and want to use my computer to finish some work that has taken
> literally decades to bring to completion; and I am almost there. I don't have
> decades of life left. I want to use my computer for things besides learning
> more about computers.
>
> If there is some way for me to resolve this, and to get a working computer
> with internet access - and more importantly, some kind of working office
> software that I can actually use - then I am willing to try. But I think it's
> unreasonable that I must relearn everything every few years.
>
> I need to make the most of the years that I have left, not waste my time
> fighting against the machines.

So why do you *choose* to spend some much time fighting against the
machine?

Why do you insist on spending hours and days tracking down every little
package that does you no harm and eradicating it from your system (even
if doing so breaks stuff!) because it is "Gnomish"?

At the point that you are removing packages using dpkg --purge --force-all
you are literally fighting the system and telling it that you know
better than it what libraries and packages are needed.

--
Steve