Re: non-starting browsers

Anno domini 2022 Fri, 25 Feb 11:39:20 -0800
 William Morder via tde-users scripsit:

> On Friday 25 February 2022 11:20:23 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:
> > Hi Bill!
> >
> > Fire up konsole, start htop and kill anything firefoxish you see.
> >
> > Start another konsole, start firefox from within it so you get debug
> > output.
> >
> > look at htop and observe what happens.
> >

> > Nik
> >

> I get nothing from that. Firefox doesn't show up at all anywhere. However, I
> did manage to fire up the links2 browser, which gives me at least a little
> more internet access.

Ok, misunderstood you problem. It is not "browsers do not start" but "browsers start, but don't get to the net"? Caλn you post some addres you can't reach? e.g. can you ping
23.155.224.73 ? can you ping trinitydesktop.org?

Problem in my part of the word is that some tomatobrains try to bring "the" internet down - might be a problem with some jab charges, who knows. Anyway, it just results in braking normal access to clourdflare and some nameservers, but TOR works without problems.

Nik