Re: non-starting browsers

On Friday 25 February 2022 12:21:48 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> > I get nothing from that. Firefox doesn't show up at all anywhere.
> > However, I did manage to fire up the links2 browser, which gives me at
> > least a little more internet access.
>
> Ok, misunderstood you problem. It is not "browsers do not start" but
> "browsers start, but don't get to the net"? Caλn you post some addres you
> can't reach? e.g. can you ping 23.155.224.73 ? can you ping
> trinitydesktop.org?
>
> Problem in my part of the word is that some tomatobrains try to bring "the"
> internet down - might be a problem with some jab charges, who knows.
> Anyway, it just results in braking normal access to clourdflare and some
> nameservers, but TOR works without problems.
>
> Nik

No, actually it is still that most browsers don't even start, don't show up at
all in either top or htop. I've tried starting from a konsole. At present,
palemoon will start up, but I cannot connect to http sites (to download one
of my favorite radio shows every week), and suddenly I cannot connect to
archive.org.

That used to happen with icecat, because I block all javacript and images and
everything else that I don't want. But I had no problems connecting; now
neither icecat nor any of my other browsers (excepting palemoon and links2)
will start up.

So the problem still remains: that most browsers do not start at all,
excepting palemoon and links2. With palemoon I cannot connect to archive.org,
but I still have some limited functionality. With links2, I can use it, but
it's already somewhat limited, so I can't compare it to other more developed
browsers such as firefox, icecat, vivaldi or chrome.

Bill