Re: complete TDE pkgs appropriate for my system?

Bill,

> Maybe you have not heard about the changes in audacity? It now
> collects and shares our data. Even though it is used almost entirely
> offline, requires no connection for actual users working at home.
> Audacity is now at least non-free in the GNU/Linux sense of the term.

This problem has nothing to do at all with Debian/Devuan. TDE, GNU aso!
The "free", that is used by these guys refers only to the source-code
itself, but not to what you would like to "I am free, nothing
interferes with my privacy". Interpreting a personal "sense" into a
written statement is up to the interpreter, nothing else.

> So yes, you are right, they are available, but no, you are also wrong
> about my case (which totally mystifies myself, as well), because at
> the moment none of my multimedia actually work. I keep trying other
> items, smplayer, vlc, just to see if it is system-wide or isolated to
> certain players, but no luck at all.

Then back to the roots and NO personal "I know better"-deviations!
In /etc/apt/sources.list (and/or sources.list.d) only 2 sources:
- one for the original Devuan package-source
- one for the trinity-packages, see again the TDE-WiKi (don't forget
  the keyring)
Then start aptitude (nothing else) after you have configured it
carefully! and delete from the "installed packages" everything that
sounds like multimedia. Oh yes, you will almost certainly be bombed
with broken dependencies-warnings, delete everything mentioned.
Start aptitude anew and let it 'u'pdate itself.
First of all search with / for the TDE-package (base or all) and
install it with ALL its dependencies. Check with ~b if you have indeed
no broken packages anymore.
Then start with / again for the next package you want to have, let's
say audacious. You'll get, after pressing +, almost sincerely an
unmet-dependencies warning. Solve these again with ~b and +.
Aso, aso, aso.
Now you have a clean and operable bunch of programs available. Their
configuration is the next step.

If that is not to your liking. I am very sorry.
Peter.