Re: [users] Using Konqueror for the web

On 2021-06-29 14:28:07 Mavridis Philippe wrote:
> I don't know about
> Mozilla. They give away an impression of stagnation. Nothing seems to
> truly change except for the constant UI reorganizations and option
> removal. They even threw away their "native" extensions API for the
> disfunctional WebExtensions solution.

	Mozilla perpetually touts their browser as "for the user", but they have moved most of
its configuration settings into the opaque about:config interface, which uses closed
documentation and obscure naming to discourage users from using it.  The more accessible
controls are so coarse-grained it's hard to tell just what they do.  Firefox seems to be
much too voluble about users' activities, reporting excessive amounts of information back
to Mozilla and other entities for my taste.  (Much of that can be turned off if one can
figure out which about:config entries do what.)
	I'm starting to see more and more websites rejecting alternatives to Firefox and its
popular siblings; quite a few sites won't let me connect with Waterfox.

Leslie
--
   Operating System: Linux
Desktop Environment: Trinity