Re: Using Konqueror for the web

On Tuesday 29 June 2021 01:34:27 pm Hunter via tde-users wrote:

> For the time being I'm using SeaMonkey since my usual browser, Pale
> Moon, does not take too kindly to *BSD.. And since it's a suite with a
> mail client as well I'm not using Kmail. I might switch to Firefox

I use 6+ different web browsers on a regular basis, somewhat categorized by
activity.

Daily Driver:  Waterfox (w/ HTTPS Everywhere, Privacy Badger, uBlock Origin)
Banking, library, and similar highly identifiable access accounts:  Pale Moon
Website work:  Vivaldi
Website QA only:  Firefox & Chromium  (w/ no addons)
Misc:  Opera
YouTube, Google, and anything else known to be sketchy:  Tor browser bundle
(stock)

I also generally delete all cookies at least daily (except banking w/ idiotic
IT departments).  If you’re even more paranoid than the above, add in Whonix
as well.

I also agree with Nik, Konqueror never was a decent web browser, but it’s one
great file manager (or I’ve used it so long I’m not willing to even try
anything else…).

Best,
Michael