Re: Is there any saving of KMenu?

said William Morder via tde-users:

| However ... here is the part that puzzles me (quoting yourself, dep).
|
| "What it doesn't say is how to start the damned thing. Might have been
| worth including in the readme or something."
|
| I'm not sure what you mean by "how to start" the damned thing. If you
| can open up the configurator, then you are starting it, no?

No. You're starting a configuration application -- KBFX Configurator --
which lets you specify the things you would like for KBFX. But it never
tells you how to start the application that you have configured.

| Maybe I am missing something here; I have not yet plumbed its depths,
| but only poked around. At a glance, though, I think maybe kbfx is not an
| alternative menu to be run instead of the TDE menu, but only rather a
| GUI way to reconfigure or customize the existing TDE menu.

No. No, it's not. KBFX is arrived at by clicking the right mouse button
(the one on the right, not the correct one, though in the case the one on
the right is the correct one) on the Kicker panel and choosing "Add applet
to panel." A small window will appear. It contains a list. Scroll down
until you find KBFX Sphinx and click on it. A very wide icon will fly onto
the panel. You may then click on it and see KBFM in all its glory. You may
change it by clicking the right mouse button and choosing to "Configure
KBFX." Which action invokes the KBFX configurator. The real question is
why the configurator got put in KMenu to begin with.

btw, I've sorted my KMenu. A picture, a small portion of the screenshot, is
attached.
--
dep

Pictures: http://www.ipernity.com/doc/depscribe/album