Re: [OT] rant about education :)

J Leslie Turriff wrote:

> IMO the underlying problem (at least in the US) is the low pay provided in
> the education industry, which drives out those with good teaching skills.
> In the school I attended after moving to the US, math was taught by the
> athletics coach!  I also wonder about the abilities of the people who set
> the curricula standards.

Well US ... the movie Idiocracy fits the best. In Austria the teachers are
very well payed, but since the 80ies are indoctrinated to the left -
especially the humanitarian subjects.
The only rational thinking people in this country are technicians and nature
science.
The pay is not the only issue, although a major one. I agree with you here ,
but want to add that the whole society is responsible for this shift