Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

Am Samstag, 9. Januar 2021 schrieb Michael via tde-users:
> The command line ‘kweatherreport KMBT’ works and it’ll show in the
> KWeather applet, but the applet itself won’t display the station data
> (it displays what I added last, even if I remove it).  I added the
> two references in case there is some other text/data needed.

Welcome!

After you have done:

dcop KWeatherService WeatherService addStation $ICAOcode

the station should already appear in the config GUI of weather_applet
under "Chosen stations…" (my translation). It then also is written to
the local config file of your user in

.trinity/share/config/KWeatherServicerc

which lists just these chosen stations for kweatherservice, the daemon.
These are then ready to chosen in the config GUI dialog under
Display -> location (my translation again).

You could also just add ICAO codes to the above mentioned conf file
manually.

> PS:  To get the dcop calls to work, you need to have (at least) the
> KWeather applet running.

Thanks, I didn't know. I'been running the applet all along while
checking these things out. :-)

Regards,
Stefan

PS: just for testing it seems sufficient to just run:

dcop KWeatherService WeatherService update $ICAOcode
kweatherreport $ICAOcode

After that the stations is in the list of "chosen stations" but not
saved in the config file. It should then be gone after kweather (or
TDE) has been restarted.