Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

On Saturday 09 January 2021 08:14:49 am Stefan Krusche via tde-users wrote:
> Am Freitag, 8. Januar 2021 schrieb Michael via tde-users:
> > I admit I've only been skiming this thread, I tried kweather once, it
> > didn't have my nearest airport, nor could I figure out how to
> > manually enter my airport's code ID, so it wasn't really useful.
> >  That said...
>
> If you are still interested you can tell me the station(s) you want to
> watch and I can add them manually as I'm already in the process of
> adding all german stations which are still working.
>
> What I'd need to know is the ICAO code of that airport.
>
> Or you can test yourself with some simple dcop calls in your shell like
> this:
>
> # add Station by ICAO code
> dcop KWeatherService WeatherService addStation $ICAOcode
> # you need to wait a sec; I did 'sleep 1' in a script
> dcop KWeatherService WeatherService update $ICAOcode
> # again, wait a sec, then request the weather report (the little dialog
> # window opens and tells you if the station doesn't exist or needs
> maintaining (in which case you could try later)
> kweatherreport $ICAOcode
> # if it doesn't work, remove it
> dcop KWeatherService WeatherService removeStation $ICAOcode

Cool!

ICAO: KMBT

The command line ‘kweatherreport KMBT’ works and it’ll show in the KWeather
applet, but the applet itself won’t display the station data (it displays
what I added last, even if I remove it).  I added the two references in case
there is some other text/data needed.

Thank you!,
Michael

PS:  To get the dcop calls to work, you need to have (at least) the KWeather
applet running.

Ref:
https://www.airnav.com/airport/KMBT
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murfreesboro_Municipal_Airport