Re: kweather does not update weather data [SOLVED]

Stefan Krusche via tde-users wrote:

> If you are still interested you can tell me the station(s) you want to
> watch and I can add them manually as I'm already in the process of
> adding all german stations which are still working.
>
> What I'd need to know is the ICAO code of that airport.
>
> Or you can test yourself with some simple dcop calls in your shell like
> this:
>
> # add Station by ICAO code
> dcop KWeatherService WeatherService addStation $ICAOcode
> # you need to wait a sec; I did 'sleep 1' in a script
> dcop KWeatherService WeatherService update $ICAOcode
> # again, wait a sec, then request the weather report (the little dialog
> # window opens and tells you if the station doesn't exist or needs
> maintaining (in which case you could try later)
> kweatherreport $ICAOcode
> # if it doesn't work, remove it
> dcop KWeatherService WeatherService removeStation $ICAOcode
>
> Cheers,
> Stefan

Hi Stefan, all,
we had good progress with help of Slavek to consolidate the patch, however
there are still some issues, I highlighted in the ticket.

there are many countries not utilized (it requires creating entries in
weather_stations.desktop.in)

For countries like Canada that is listed in the region section as CA) and
for all other countries except US, there is no indication to which state
the station belongs. The original weather_stations.desktop file had mapping
for some stations.

do you have ideas how this can be handled - I mean the mapping of station to
state?

thanks