Re: Unmet build dependencies: ninja-build

Michele Calgaro via tde-devels wrote:

> Hi all,
> In hindsight, it would have been more appropriate if we had sent an email
> to the devel ML informing everyone of the change from make to ninja build
> as default for DEB-like distros. It didn't come to our mind, apologies for
> that :-) As Slavek mentioned, you can still build using make if you wish,
> just get rid of the ninja-build dependency in the debian/control file.

I have seen the merge of the PR, but as said before I was curious about the
why. IMO you are the bosses and proven to take good decisions.
I do not think it is necessary to inform in advance or to apologies for
that.
I was just surprised by the hard dependency. I am not sure if it can be done
via recommendation. If it can work as before without ninja-build, why the
hard dependency? But it is still OK for me - important is that the code
works at the end.