Re: Unmet build dependencies: ninja-build

On 2021/05/15 04:03 PM, deloptes wrote:

In the end, we want to do what we believe is best for TDE while
maintaining the TDE spirit and philosophy. I don't see "moving to
ninja-build" breaking either of them. Am I wrong?
Of course not - as mentioned my question is what is motivation behind and
numbers. The numbers match my observations. The thing is that we still have
to learn, understand and get used to the changes anyway.

Hi all,
In hindsight, it would have been more appropriate if we had sent an email to the devel ML informing everyone of the change from make to ninja build as default for DEB-like distros. It didn't come to our mind, apologies for that :-) As Slavek mentioned, you can still build using make if you wish, just get rid of the ninja-build dependency in the debian/control file.

Cheers
  Michele