Re: Monotonic time went backwards, rotating log

Phillip Susi <phill@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> It actually checks that first:
>>
>> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/blob/main/src/libsystemd/sd-journal/journal-file.c#L2201
>
> That's what I'm saying: it should have noticed that FIRST and not gotten
> to the monotonic time check, but it didn't.

I decided to try looking into this again.  It seems it's also my system
log that is rotated on each boot with this message about the monotonic
clock, despite the fact that it should be rotated first just because
it's a new boot.

There are some debug prints that might shed light on what is happening,
but I can't seem to get them to enable.  I tried setting
Environment=SYSTEMD_DEBUG_LEVEL=debug on systemd-journald.service, but I
still don't get them.