Re: Monotonic time went backwards, rotating log

Lennart Poettering <lennart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> We want that within each file all records are strictly ordered by all
> clocks, so that we can find specific entries via bisection.

Why *all* clocks?  Even if you want to search on the monotonic time, you
first have to specify a boot ID within which that monotonic time is
valid, don't you?  So the first step in your search would be to find the
boot records, then bisect from there.

> The message is debug level, no?

log_ratelimit_info(), which appears to be printed by default when I log
in, and I presume my session systemd instance is started.  I guess
that's the problem: it should be debug.

Also though, why doesn't it first note that the boot ID changed?