Monotonic time went backwards, rotating log

Every time I reboot, when I first log in, journald ( 253.3-r1 )
complains that the monotonic time went backwards, rotating log file.
This appears to happen because journal_file_append_entry_internal()
wishes to enforce strict time ordering within the log file.  I'm not
sure why it cares about the *monotonic* time being in strict order
though, since that will always go backwards when you reboot.  I'm also
not sure why the previous check that the boot ID has changed did not
trigger.

If it is intentional that journals be rotated after a reboot, could it
at least be done without complaining about it?