Re: [bug report]warning about entry_64.S from objtool in v5.4 LTS

On Mon, Feb 13, 2023 at 08:20:03PM +0800, Xinghui Li wrote:
> However, for conservative reasons, parts of our customers are opposed
> to making significant upgrades to the products.

Your customers are not concervative at all if they are consuming the
RETBLEED and other Spectre-like fixes into your kernels.  Those are
major changes as you can see (affecting every single file you build), so
the "do not change anything" argument does not make any sense here,
right?

> Meanwhile, for commercial purposes, we are committed to maintaining
> the products we sell over a period of time.
> For the above reasons, we also maintain older versions of the product,
> so we will fix/report the issues in older kernels just like this time.

That's great, but some help in fixing this reported issue would also be
most appreciated, as you are the best one to test and verify the fix.

thanks,

greg k-h