Re: [bug report]warning about entry_64.S from objtool in v5.4 LTS

Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 于2023年2月6日周一 17:39写道:

> Is this an actual real problem that you can detect with testing?  Or is
> it just a warning message in the build?

So far, I have not met the actual error in running time.
But according to Kuniyuki's report, it seems like this commit will
cause an actual running time error.
I will continue to analyze these error reports.
> That is very odd, why is it hard to update to a new kernel?  What
> happens if 5.4 stops being maintained tomorrow, what are your plans to
> move to a more modern kernel?  Being stuck with an old kernel version
> with no plans to move does not seem like a wise business decision:(

The product base on v5.4 is the LTS version just like the
stable-kernel in the upstream community.
> Great, and we will be glad to review patches.
>
> thanks,
>
> greg k-h
Anyway, I will try to figure it out :-)

Thanks