Re: [bug report]warning about entry_64.S from objtool in v5.4 LTS

Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 于2023年2月7日周二 14:52写道:
> I do not understand the actual runtime error, sorry.  Stack traces don't
> matter at runtime, do they?

Sorry for the inaccurate description~ I mean it might not just a
compiling warning.
> > > That is very odd, why is it hard to update to a new kernel?  What
Some features we developed based on v5.4's API. Update the kernel
verison could cause the KABI issue.
> > > happens if 5.4 stops being maintained tomorrow, what are your plans to
We will align with the LTS's lifecycle on our product
lifecycle(actually shorter).
If v5.4 do stop being maintained(I know it is not real), It looks like
we can only maintain it all by ourselves :-(.
> > > move to a more modern kernel?  Being stuck with an old kernel version
> > > with no plans to move does not seem like a wise business decision:(
> > >
> > The product base on v5.4 is the LTS version just like the
> > stable-kernel in the upstream community.
>
> That was not the question I asked :(

Will the above reply answer your question?
Besides, we do base the new kernel to develop the new version product
such as v5.18 and 6.x.

Thanks~