Re: mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: fix P2020 errata handling

On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 at 05:42, Y.b. Lu <yangbo.lu@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks Daniel for pointing out it.
>
> Hi Uffe,
>
> As Daniel reported, below commit introduced issue on P2020 platform.
> fe0acab mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: fix P2020 errata handling
>
> And the fix-up for the issue is,
> 2aa3d82 mmc: sdhci-of-esdhc: fix esdhc_reset() for different controller versions
>
> It seemed fe0acab was applied to linux-stable for 5.5, 5.4, 4.19, 4.14, 4.9, and 4.4, without the fix-up 2aa3d82.
> I tried to cherry-pick the fix-up to all these stable branches, but got many conflicts except 5.5 and 5.4.
>
> May I have your suggestion from safe perspective should I rework the fix-up for these branches, or request to just revert fe0acab.
> The patch fe0acab is just for errata handling while the errata are hard to trigger. It is not strongly required.

It sounds to me, like a revert may be the best option, at least for
4.19 and backwards.

Perhaps from 5.4 and onwards, you can send the needed additional
patches as plain backports to stable, as they should be easy to apply,
right!?

[...]

Kind regards
Uffe